Leading the strategy, design, deployment and optimization of smart strategies in the real estate industry through its HIVE™ solutions and services, RYCOM has a unique, in-depth view of this exciting and emerging industry.
Below, RYCOM shares the top 7 industry trends and requirements it has observed across all real estate asset types, sizes and verticals:
- Smart, simple and low-cost sensors that can connect to any type of equipment. By providing read-only information or two-way communication that can send and accept data and commands, sensors (IoT) can connect virtually anything or anyone.
- Data naming conventions like Haystack that provide vendor-agnostic names for each piece of data from any system or person – no matter the brand or system. This is crucial for reporting, command, control and individual value.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud platforms that collect all sources of data and then correlate, converge and perform analytics to create customizable information (dashboards) for different user needs. These are secure and available from any place, at anytime, to anyone.
- Data Analytics and Workflow (DAW). Standalone, integrated or cross-functional systems data used to develop economic and efficiency benefits, and offer new features and capabilities – enabling differentiation and innovation.
- Fault Detection, Diagnosing and Support (FDDS). Provides the ability to triage and diagnose based on reporting systems with visibility remotely or locally. FDDS applies experience use-cases to create both technical and behavioural alerts of major or significant events.
- Command & Control (C&C). Providing local or remote all-system visibility from a single portal, C&C can either initiate a predefined sequence automatically or invoke based on alerts and conditions.
- Continuous optimization and support. Ongoing 24/7 monitoring of data and system conditions that feeds the framework to either automatically or manually optimize the building based on changing conditions.